This is a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. A total of 210 individuals aged over 18 years old, without a diagnosis of severe respiratory disease, who came to the study site with clinical and radiological suspicion of SARS-CoV2, will be randomized into two treatment groups at a 1:1 ratio to receive a 5-day CQ diphosphate tablets or placebo (tablet without active ingredient produced with the same physical characteristics).
Drug: Chloroquine Diphosphate
Other Name: chloroquine
Drug: Placebo oral tablet
150mg placebo tablets
1. Suspected cases of COVID-19, due to clinical and radiological data, during the epidemic;
2. Adult aged 18 or over, at the time of inclusion
3. Not having severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), that is, not using mechanical ventilation or supplemental oxygen, peripheral oxygen saturation> 94% in room air, and having a respiratory rate below 24 incursions per minute.
4. Patients with comorbidities only, due to the increased risk of developing SARS
1. Patients with chronic use of drugs known to prolong QTc interval.