250mg administered daily for patients with NSCLC and500mg daily for patients with H&NC. Treatment dispensed to patients on Day 1 and every 12 weeks thereafter until the patient withdraws. Patients with NSCLC will take one tablet at each dose administration; patients with squamous cell H&NC will take two tablets at each dose administration.
Other Name: Iressa
- Have received at least one course of standard systemic chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Are ineligible for chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Are ineligible or not candidates for enrollment in available ZD1839 trials for NSCLC or squamous cell H&NC
- Are, in the investigators opinion, not medically suitable for chemotherapy.
- Current eligibility (i.e., meeting the inclusion and exclusion criteria except signed informed consent) for any ZD1839 protocol available to the patient, or previous enrollment in a blinded ZD1839 protocol
- Patients from a blinded protocol may be considered for acceptance, with AstraZeneca's permission, only after trial completion and unblinding of all patients.
- Patients eligible for or previously enrolled in an open-label or unblinded ZD1839 clinical trial may be considered for acceptance with AstraZeneca's permission
- Incomplete healing from prior oncologic or other major surgery
Expanded Access program information for companies listed in the Expanded Access Company Directory is pulled daily from ClinicalTrials.gov, a resource provided by the National Institutes of Health in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Click here for more information about ClinicalTrials.gov.